Justin Bieber Files $20 Million Defamation Suit Against Sexual Assault Accusers
June 29, 2020
Photo by Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP
Justin Bieber has filed a $20 million defamation suit against two social media users who accused him of sexual assault earlier this week, claiming the allegations are "factually impossible," TMZ reports. The pop star is suing two social media users "Danielle" and "Kadi", claiming he has "indisputable documentary evidence" to prove their allegations are "outrageous, fabricated lies." Danielle claimed Bieber assaulted her in a Four Seasons Hotel room in Austin, Texas, on March 9, 2014, but Bieber says he can prove he did not stay at the Four Seasons that night, and was with then-girlfriend Selena Gomez after playing SXSW. He speculates that Danielle made up the story based on news reports that he ate at the Four Seasons the next day. Meanwhile, Kadi claims he assaulted her at a NYC hotel on May 5, 2015--which he says is also factually impossible and made up based on public reports. He believes Kadi is a superfan who waits outside hotels for him, but he's never met her. He also believes the accounts may be run by the same person, or coordinating in some way. He is suing for $10 million for each of the stories.