5 Prank Numbers to Give Creeps Who Hit on You on Galentine's Day
February 13, 2020
(AP Photo/Rahmat Gul)
If you head out Thursday for Galentine's Day (like Valentine's Day, but platonic and without the guys) and get hit on hard by a dude you're just not that into, Lifehacker has come up with a handy and hilarious list of prank phone numbers to give the clown. Fair warning: These are mostly phone numbers that don't accept text messages, so tell him to call instead of text and then get out of Dodge as quickly as possible if you don't want your racket to be discovered:
- (646) 926-6614: The Mary Sue Rejection Hotline, which will say, “Oh hello there. If you’re hearing this message, you’ve made a woman feel unsafe and/or disrespected. Please learn to take no for an answer and respect women’s emotional and physical autonomy. K THANKKS.” Best of all, it’ll send texts as well, and waits an hour to send the text once it’s received one so you have time to bounce.
- (719) 266-2837: Call and Oates, which lets callers pick a classic Hall and Oates song to play.
- (605) 475-6968: The Rejection Hotline, which politely explains to the individual that whoever gave them this number is not into them.
- (888) 447-5594: An easter egg hotline for finishing the first God of War. “By the gods, you’ve done it!”
- (206) 569-5829: The Loser Line, a Seattle radio station phone number that rejected people can call and leave a message. Those recorded messages will sometimes air during the station’s morning show.